SCoDis is pleased to announce the International Conference “Research without borders: Synergies between theories, methods and practices” at Moscow State Linguistic University on October 28-30, 2020.
The conference aims to develop and promote the cross-disciplinary insights into various fields of Humanities and Social Sciences with a focus on linguistic studies. The conference will also provide early career researchers and students with unique opportunity of first-hand interactions with leading experts in the field.
- Plenary talks by invited speakers,
- cross-disciplinary Panel Sessions devoted to socially relevant issues,
- a Round Table on cognitive linguistics,
- a Round Table on comparative law,
- a multidisciplinary Case-competition
The conference will be devoted to the following topics:
- The semiotics of politics: contacts and contrasts;
- The history of ideas is the history of people: academic discourse practices in the historiography of science;
- People in creative work, creativity in people;
- Digital measurement of humans and of what ‘human’ is: the present and the future;
- The professional of the 21stcentury: what is necessary, what is sufficient, and what is possible;
- Humans and their worlds: nature, society, technology;
- Antiquity and the Middle Ages in the realm of contemporary interdisciplinarity: language, culture, religion.
The working languages are English and Russian (with simultaneous interpretation provided on site).
Please note that with a view to the pandemic situation, the organizing committee will consider the option of online participation.