On October 28-30, 2020 SCoDis organised the Online International Conference “Research without borders: Synergies between theories, methods and practices”
The conference brought together over 280 researchers from all over the world: Russia, Great Britain, Sweden, Switzerland, German, Belgium and USA.
Plenary talks were given by famous scientists and covered various fields of research.
Cross-disciplinary Panel Sessions were devoted to socially relevant issues:
- The semiotics of politics: contacts and contrasts;
- The history of ideas is the history of people: academic discourse practices in the historiography of science;
- People in creative work, creativity in people;
- Digital measurement of humans and of what ‘human’ is: the present and the future;
- The professional of the 21stcentury: what is necessary, what is sufficient, and what is possible;
- Humans and their worlds: nature, society, technology;
- Antiquity and the Middle Ages in the realm of contemporary interdisciplinarity: language, culture, religion.
The conference also included the traditional MeMuMo (Methods for Multimodal Analysis) school for early career researchers, which provided its participants with practical knowledge on how to use experimental equipment, to organize and conduct a multimodal research.
Finally, 15 teams participated in a big case competition on the 30th of October. Young researchers presented their projects to the international jury.